Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Happy Birthday Tyler!

Dear Tyler,

I know that you have been counting the days for about a month, and now, the day is finally here! It's so hard to believe that you are 10 years-old buddy!

How far you have come in the past few years. You have really changed alot, and I'm very proud of you for that. You used to be so hard-headed, never wanting to listen to anyone...just wanting to do what you wanted to do! I really don't see that in you anymore. If I ask for your help, you are there. Without an argument, (for the most part). Ha ha! I guess it's a sign of you growing up. Boo hoo for mama, cuz I wish I could keep you just like this forever!

I'm also very proud of how well you do in school. Even though I know, at times, it's very hard for you to concentrate on what you should be concentrating on. I see you trying to work on that, all by yourself. That is another sign of how big you are getting.

When you were little, I loved the fact that you were mama's boy, that I was always the one that you would turn to. That means more to me than you will ever know. Remember us telling you about the way that you would be great for the babysitter all day long...that is, until daddy picked you up?! He would call me at work, not knowing what to do because you just cried and cried, and as soon as mom would get home, you were smiling and happy again!

I remember not wanting to cut your hair either...it was blonde, curly, and beautiful. I just couldn't part with those curls! All your aunts and uncles used to give me a hard time about that one, but I didn't care! I cut it when I was ready to! (And mom must say, I'm sorry for making you look like a real hippie!) =)

All in all, even though you guys can frustrate me to no end, I'm really glad you are who you are, and that I'm lucky enough to have the both of you. I'm also glad that I can always count on you to rub my back and run your fingers through my hair, mom really loves that! (You better not ever stop doing that either, or I might have to kick you out of the house!) Hee hee!

I love you very much Ty, and hope you have a wonderful day!

Mom

No comments: