Tuesday, September 27, 2005

HE GOT OUT OF JAIL...BUT MIGHT BE GOING RIGHT BACK...

Ok, not literally, but my brother did get out of the hospital on Thursday night. I went and spent a few hours with him on Thursday, he said boredom was really setting in. While there, his doctor popped in and spent about 45 minutes, explaining everything about diverticulitis. He told him what to eat, what not to eat, how to avoid future problems, and explained a little more about the surgery that will be in his future. It was great, it gave all of us a much better understanding. Or so I thought...

Yeah, Friday night, he was out drinking with a buddy of his. I'm pretty perturbed about the risk he's taking. This is my brother that I've always looked up to. I've always felt that he made pretty wise decisions and had a great heart, to boot. Don't know what to make of this side of my sweet, lovable brother. Don't know if I should broach the subject or just let it be. It is his life and ultimately, his body and his decision. Just think it's pretty careless after his ordeal.

Oh well, off to other things.

THE PEANUT BUTTER WENT DOWN GOOD, BUT...

I had just posted a pic of my dog eating peanut butter last night. While it was absolutely hilarious to see him in action, and I took many pics to capture his true adoration of his peanut butter. I now regret it, bigtime! Let me 'splain.

Last night I went to bed really early, had a splitting headache. I woke up at 4:49 this morning, I thought because my body just wasn't tired anymore. After glancing at the clock and laying there for a minute, I realized that there was a very odd noise coming from the hallway. It kind of freaked me out and I got up and peeked my head out into the hall. Didn't see anything unusual, except for Max. He usually sleeps under my bed, but I guess Brian forgot to put him in my room before going home last night. No biggie. I head to the bathroom, (which is only a few steps), and all the sudden there is something squishing between my toes. I turn on the light, and look down at my foot. It's red! Not quite the color of blood, or the consistency, but nasty. I turn around and look in the hall and there is a huge pile of vomit! To the right of the red pile, there is a nice brown pile! 5 a.m. exactly, I was gagging, tears rolling freely down my face! And that was how my day began!

THIS CAR HAD BETTER LAST FOREVER!

My mechanic gave me another friendly call yesterday. I now need calipers and new rotors...$170. My grand total is now $722! Joy!

On a good note, he says the motor is purring like a kitten and he is going to drive it for a few days just to be absolutely sure! And hey, my car will be like brand new, by the time I get it back. Woo hoo!

THIS SHOULD BE FUN!

This weekend, even though it's a weekend with the ex, he has agreed to let Brian and I have them all day Saturday. We are taking them to Cedar Point in Ohio for a day of roller coasters and very expensive greasy food! Does it get any better than that?

The kids have never been, and they aren't gonna know until we get there on Saturday. I have a feeling they might guess, when we get close, but that's okay! I can't wait to take 'em and have a blast, just the 4 of us!

I'm off for now. Lunch decisions have to be made, and that's serious stuff!

Have a great day! =)

No comments: