Thursday, April 28, 2005

First bath.

Well, Max had his first bath yesterday. It was hilarious, to say the least. I must say that he was very good, but it was still a bit of a fiasco. He looked like a drowned rat...his hair all matted down...lol He would shake water all over us...so we are dripping in dog hair, shampoo, and smelly dog water...nice! In the midst of all of this...two of my neighbors decided to come down to talk to me. I hope they didn't mind me trying to chat over the loud roar of the blowdryer...and yelling after him to "get back here!" lol After all was said and done, we had our soft and fluffy, nice smelling puppy back. Woo hoo!

Training him has become a bit of a challenge...grrr! We cannot leave him alone in the house, even for a few minutes, without being in the kennell, or else....you know what I'm talking about. He likes to leave us presents! We decided to try and curb that, we would pick up his food/water dish after 7 or 8 every night. It wasn't a problem at all, until last night. Around 9 pm, he was really missing his bowls...he would go to the spot where we put them, and scratch the floor. I ignored that and he decided that he would just find himself some water...we saw him step into the bathroom, and heard his nails scratching the bathtub...I was laughing, because he refuses to let me shower without him in there and always jumps up to the track of the shower door, as soon as I get out, so that he can lap up all the water....that's what I thought he was in there doing...after a minute,I realized that it sounded like he was actually in the tub...lol I walked in there, and sure enough...he was trapped in the tub! lol Anyhow, the night went well...he slept at the foot of my bed, as usual. Around 3 am, I heard him pacing around...I knew that meant I better get up and let him out. We got up and he headed right for his water bowl...I'm a sucker, and gave in...I knew he had to be really thirsty if he was headed for that instead of the door to go outside. So, eventually maybe he will get used to our ritual of water deprivation at night...who knows. I'll just go with the flow and try to hold him off for as long as I can. I think he'll eventually get the hang of it. lol (Or not!)

I have a bunch of pics of him...will try and work on putting them up on here. Might take a while so bear with me.

Ok...I'm outta here for now. Have piles o' work to get caught up on!

Have a great day all!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Don't ya just love dogs! I bet he is a cutie!