Wednesday, January 18, 2006

~~COMING OUT OF HIDING~~

Hi everybody...hope your week is going well! I haven't been hiding on purpose....just caught up in a bunch of nothing, I guess. Work has really been too busy to linger on Blogger for any amount of time and I just haven't had the energy, by the time I get home at night. So, sorry that I haven't even been keeping up on my usual reads...will try and get back at 'er!

~~TO MEDICATE OR NOT TO MEDICATE~~

One thing that has been going on for about a month and a half now, is that my puppy has been having seizures. He has had 3-4 that we have actually witnessed. Hard to tell if there have been more, while we are gone all day. I've only seen 1 of them, and that was enough to totally freak me out! It's not like I haven't seen plenty of seizures; my ex had them almost on a daily basis for quite some time and I've witnessed quite a few at work. But it's still something that is pretty disconcerting.

I took him to the vet and he expressed concerns that his symptoms during the actual episodes, point to a possible brain tumor or lesion. While I certainly would love to find out for sure what is wrong with him, I don't have an extra 1k laying around for me to have an MRI done on my dog. It looks as though medications are the answer, but there are risks involved there too and the doc says that once we put him on the meds, it's for life. (I haven't even asked about the cost...but have heard that it isn't too bad....ugh, I hope that's true!) I have to run out and get them within the next few days. Hopefully, before he has another "episode". Wish us luck!!!

~~DIET SCHMIET!!~~

Okay, I'll be the first to admit it.....I H*A*T*E the diet thing! This shit sucks. I have totally fallen off the wagon this week. I have had a french dip, a burger and fries, french onion soup (with the cheese baked on top). And I'm pretty sure that my fingers and belly can't bloat any more, without getting some unsightly stretch marks. I have not worked out in days and have had absolutely no extra energy for anything.

I was doing great for the first few weeks and was actually taking off the pounds pretty easily. Iwas enjoying working out, and feeling like I was really making headway towards the goal I had set. I don't know what the hell happened to me! I think the weekend was what happened. Brian says, "Let's go to the movies!" Me, "Okay, but we're getting butter on the popcorn...we've been good, we deserve it!" I think that's where it all started. All my hard work has now vanished into thin air. What an idiot!

Oh well, back to the grind. I will be looking trim and fit for bathing suit season!

~~ON AN EVEN KEEL?~~

That pretty much explains the kids and how things are with them. Corey has been working really hard to bring up 2 of his grades from D's to B's. Hopefully he will do good on his exams, and his report card will be great! I have collaborated with his counselor and teacher's and am really glad that they have been so willing to work with him on all of this. I guess it's all about staying on top of everything.

Tyler seems to be doing great. I haven't had any calls or letters from his teacher since we put him back on his ADHD meds and his report card should be coming next week. Hopefully, I will have a glowing comment about that soon.

~~WOUND UP SO TIGHT~~

I have a whole bunch of things to say about this topic, but have to go to bed. While I shouldn't even say anything at all, period...I feel like I have to! Not that it's my duty or that it's going to resolve anything...but I will feel a whole lot better after writing in length about this. (Peanutt also feels my pain!)

Stay tuned for the conclusion....

Have a great night everyone!!! Hope you are snuggled up warm and cozy in your beds right now!!! That's where I'm headed.

Good night!

No comments: