Thursday, August 04, 2005

Who's going to the funny farm?

At 3 o'clock this morning, my phone was ringing. That always makes me jump right up and immediately start freaking out! It turned out to be the ex...who has the kids for the week. My heart was about to pop out of my chest. I answer the phone, barely able to choke out the word, "hello", with all these horrible visions running through my head. He says to me, "Stace, I need you to wake up!" That didn't help my anxiety, at all! I said, in this shrill voice, that hardly even sounded like my own, "what happened???" He finally assures me that the boys are okay, but VERY upset, and that he'd like to bring them home, so they can get to bed. I told him that was fine and proceeded to ask what was going on and why the heck, (at 3 am were they up), let alone upset! He says, "I had to take Jody (his g/f), to the hospital, and my best guess is that she's had a nervous breakdown". In my head, I'm now wondering what the heck my kids have seen and heard, and I'm not too happy. He then goes on to tell me that once arriving at the hospital, she left without anyone knowing, and that she couldn't be found for about 2 hours. To boot he also throws in that he will take the boys back in a few days, once he "makes new living arrangements". We hang up the phone, and I just have this stuff playing in my head over and over, I am wired.

I start trying to figure out the scenarios...did he make her freak out and get to that point? Is she just stressed from trying to do it almost all on her own? (His job pays very little, he gives me some child support, and she also has 2 kids of her own to take care of.) Did they get into some knock-down-drag-out argument just tonight? (And in front of the kids???)

The kids got home around 3:50 this morning and appeared to be calm, cool and collected. They didn't seem distraught by any means, didn't look as though they had been crying. I talked to them for a few. I asked Tyler what had transpired and he just said that she had gone to take a shower and then dad had to take her to the hospital because she had a nervous breakdown. That bit of info really didn't help me out too much. I asked if they had been up all night, and had gone to the hospital too, which he said they had. That kind of pissed me off. I don't know exactly what happened, but he could have called me and I would have picked the boys up. I wouldn't have cared what time of night it was, they are more important, and I don't want them around anyone, who is so unstable that they "may have had a nervous breakdown!"

So, hopefully today the boys will catch up on some sleep in their own beds, and will give me some more answers when I get home. I feel it's my right to know exactly what they may have seen, heard, or been exposed to.

My other fear is that this might cause him to start harrassing me again, which scares the crap out of me! His g/f was my savior because once he met her, he finally stopped obsessing over me and the kids. I just have no idea what is in never know with him!

Ugh ugh ugh!


Peanutt said...

Wow thats a trip. I just really don't know what to say on this one! Except figures she'd go insane! LOL.

Jennifer said...

Wow, I too would have the same questions. what the hell

TrueJerseyGirl said...

Oh no, that sounds awful. I just hope the kids didn't see too much. It sounds like they were dealing with it fine, though. Keep us posted!!!

Chief Slacker said...

Well that sounds like a screwed up situation. I hope he stays sane and leaves you be. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as the visions in your head. And what she has an issue and he going to drop her? there's some loyalty...

jlybn123 said...

Peanutt--I don't really know what to make of it either.

Jennifer--Yeah, I can't wait to get out of here, so I can talk to the boys!

Jersey--I hope they didn't either! Wonder how much damage control I'm gonna have to do!

Chief--I thought the same exact thing...but he's not the type to give up...I'm thinking it was the other way around and she's giving him the boot! We shall see...gonna try and get the goods.

Leesa said...

Wow, that is freaky. I hope all settles for you and the kids.

Marie said...

Hi there,
This is my first time visiting. My heart jumped when I read the beginning part of your post. Hearing the phone ring in the middle of the night always gets me going thinking something bad happened. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the events and glad to hear that your kids are okay. And I hope your ex stays sane and leaves you in peace, no matter what happens. Take care!